It is rightly said that a picture is worth a thousand words. This saying goes well with patent illustrations. However, the delivery of a detailed illustration/drawing is in the hands of a Technical Patent Illustrator. It is only the details of a drawing that takes your invention forward instantly. Consequently, at the time of prosecution, the examiner might not need to thoroughly go through the written description if you deliver well-detailed drawings.
A fantastic inventor might not be a technical patent illustrator. If this is the case with you, do consider hiring an illustrator. This will work in your favor only when USPTO and another patent office(s) accept your drawings per their guidelines.
Read Also: A Guide to Patent Drawings, Draft Descriptions, and Abstracts
What is the need for a Technical Patent Illustrator?
Only a professional patent draft can fetch a patent grant. Draft here can be claims, specifications, and technical drawings with accuracy covering every aspect of the invention. Unfortunately, while drafting patent illustrations, many people wonder whether to do it yourself using the latest software drawings or hire patent illustrators to do the work for you.
These are some of the benefits of hiring a patent illustrator brings to an application are:
- The patent illustrations speak for the invention, although the examiner at the patent office reads through the written description. This precisely demands the drafting of patent illustrations.
- A technical illustrator will always serve the best purpose. They will keep themselves updated with all the rules and regulations of the patent offices. Furthermore, they will also have a creative way of doing work.
- They are well aware of what to and what not to include while preparing your patent illustrations.
Also Read: 3 Important Elements of a Good Patent Drawing
What are the best qualities to look for in a Technical Patent Illustrator?
If you want to take help from a patent illustrator but want to know what characteristics will make an ideal patent illustrator! If so, here are some qualities of an ideal technical patent illustrator:
- Patent Illustrations Compatibility: Needless to say, a technical illustrator will furnish both Design Patent Illustrations and Utility Patent Illustrations. They are knowledgeable regarding the technicalities of both types of patent illustrations.
- Profound imagination: A patent illustrator is a creative and imaginative person. In essence, they have a mind that creates illustrations per the inventor’s instructions regarding their invention.
- Master of state-of-the-art tools: They are an expert in various technical tools of patent illustrations. Some of these tools include CorelDRAW, Visio, AutoCAD, SolidWorks and many more.
- Covers every detail of the invention: A technical patent illustrator will include every detail regarding the invention. They will deliver both simple and complex designs and just as you like it.
- Meets deadlines with no quality compromise: An excellent technical illustrator is highly well-organized. They will deliver their work on or before time, each time. At the same time, you will find no quality compromise in their work.
- Well-versed with Patent Office guidelines: The rules for patent illustrations of patent offices change from one jurisdiction to another from time to time. An efficient illustrator knows the details to draft the illustrations for different countries.
- Integrity and confidentiality maintenance: A patent illustrator keeps the invention’s details and drawings confidential along with technical expertise.
Also Read: 4 Key Software to Make Your Patent Drawings More Creative
Why Choose us?-Technical patent Illustrators at PatSketch
Let the experts at PatSketch be at your service if you are looking forward to a well-drafted patent illustration. At PatSketch, you will find a team of proficient technical patent illustrators. We bring both utility and design patent illustration services at your end and also free-of-cost sample illustrations service. Our illustrators take pride in bringing detailed illustrations using tools that are the best in the market. And for us, customer satisfaction is of the highest priority.
Also Read: Customer Success Stories on Patent Drawings
Other Related Articles
Patent Drafting for Beginners: Introduction
How to Avoid Patent Infringement