In the 21st century, there are many ways to gain success from your investments. One such idea is to get Patent for your idea. While framing/creating the patent application/document, it’s better to illustrate particular concepts with the help of Patent drawings. They are a visual representation (such as, an illustration of embodiments, chemical equations, stages, flow charts, reference numbers, several views, and photographs) of the idea that provides a better understanding of the invention, without reading and understanding the complete specifications. If included, it must represent every feature that is present in the claims. The use of visual representation to frame the entire application must follow the guidelines to secure your patent drawings. Another important aspect is the inclusion of illustrations is not compulsory. However, since it makes better and quick understanding of the invention, it comes with high recommendations.
Drawing allows the reader to understand and implement the specifications without reading the text. The drawings illustrate the invention, showing every feature and embodiments (which are options or variations of the invention). You can use this to create an inference; it’s much easier and faster to steal useful information from patent drawings than to study the complete specifications. It makes patent drawings much more vulnerable and prone to disclosure, requiring greater security for all aspects of the invention. Therefore, it is essential to secure your patent drawings, by applying all the methods described below.
Methods to secure your Patent Drawings
The inclusion of drawings within the application enhances the understandability and chances of earning the patent. Seeking the highest level of security for Patent Drawing should be on the top of the priority list. Let’s understand various methods that you must know to assure complete protection of your patent drawings.
- Filing NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement): NDA’s, confidentiality agreements (CA), proprietary information agreement(PIA), or secrecy agreement (SA) are the best conventional ways to prevent any third party from disclosing the information about drawings. While discussing the information with a patent attorney or agent, there is no need to use NDA. It is because the protection of the discussion will be automatic under the client/attorney privilege. NDA will create a confidential relationship between parties to protect sensitive information or trade secrets.
- Maintain track of all communication modes: Another method to keep an eye over is to keep records of all modes of communication, such as faxes, emails, phone calls, etc. between receiving parties. Maintaining track of all the information which get exchange over the Internet, especially over the mails, must be observed on a regular basis, to ensure that zero loop-holes exist. In case, any information gets leaked out, it will be easier to identify the individual(s) involved, and strict action can be taken against that person(s).
- Install Internet security software: It is must have latest and updated internet security software on every system which is used while communicating among all the relevant (attorney, third party if any, and applicant) people. There are many software available depending on the user’s requirements and the severity of their security. They even offer anti-virus, anti-spam, and anti-spyware protection.
- Regulate Firewall settings: Every system is pre-installed with a basic firewall that detects and blocks suspicious activities. Firewalls are also capable to prevent worms and hackers from accessing your computer. Microsoft comes with an inbuilt option called, ‘Windows Defender’ that especially comes for Windows. To use it, one needs to install (if not earlier) and activate it. secure your Patent Drawings
- Monitor all Wireless connections: As the security has become more intense, hackers these days have learned new techniques even to use unsecured Wi-Fi hotspots to steal your information and take control of accounts. After your system gets a connection with the Wireless hotspot, and you start sending your patent information (especially, patent drawings), hackers can take control of your system to access all your data files. It’s better to be aware of all these factors if you are looking to get your drawings online. Also, one must check before sending the files that the site is the reliable one.
- Employ trustworthy and professional partners: Sometimes if all the security concerns are assured, people become the mode that leaks confidential information for monetary gain. In various countries, Patent Drafters offer their services at lower costs. Do not trust drafters if they provide their services at low price unless you hold records with that drafter. It’s better to be aware of good firms that maintain both confidentiality and information security. Also, employing less experienced professionals that lacks knowledge about the USPTO guidelines is a bad idea. secure your Patent Drawings
Thus, there are many security variants which may fit into your budget and suit your requirements. However, measures mentioned above must be with proper consideration to ensure the best in security modes. Take every possible precaution to protect and secure your invention from initial idea through to the marketplace. Inability to follow the existing USPTO Patent Drawings 101 standards and lack of full knowledge, skills for patent drawings, can lead to objections during patent examination, thereby resulting in increasing in patent prosecution time and cost. Thus, One must give complete care so that all the issues get a clear check and verify. It must be before filing since the patent examiner looks into every minute detail of the claims that are present in the application. secure your Patent Drawings
We, at The Patent Drawings Company, serve our clients with a wide range of software and our skilled experts. We aim to deliver 100% customer satisfaction while maintaining complete confidentiality of their data. It gives you easy and quick ways to order and give us the chance to serve you.
Come, Let Us Serve You!!